Release Notes InspectionXpert 2.0 SP9.1
Creo Parametric DRW files
We've added the ability to stack semantic and graphical views for CREO DRW files.
- Semantic view: generally where characteristic data is embedded in the CREO file. Usually does not include the part drawing.
You can now align the semantic and graphical views for CREO DRW files, which enables you to view the part drawing and the characteristic data at the same time.
- You can extract characteristic data from the semantic view while they are stacked. Making it easier to see the characteristics in relation to the part drawing while extracting.
- Export to PDF: the ballooned drawing will show the annotations and the part drawing.
- MeasurementXpert coloring will also work on the combined view the same as on a PDF part drawing.
- On saving the project, the user-defined overlay setting will be saved.
- You can hide and show the semantic view, which will not affect the ability to balloon and extract annotations from it.
Snapshots from CAD files
Store custom snapshots of 3D models and 2D CAD drawings in the project.
CAD files with PMI-ID
For CAD files, the PMI ID can be exported in the excel report to enable mistake proof mapping of CMM measurements to the particular feature in the CAD model.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR) improvements
Improved GD&T capturing for more accurate optical character recognition (OCR) of your feature control frames.
Improved OCR image filtering settings.
Added support for notes dictionaries:
We've also added two PPAP report templates
- PPAP Dimensional Results with CMMXpert tokens to populate CMM results into your dimensional report.
- PPAP initial process capability report using CMM data imported through CMMXpert.
CMMXpert Nikon iNexiv
We've added a Nikon iNexiv CMMXpert Template.
Error codes for Net-Inspect uploads
If an error occurs when uploading to Net-Inspect, you'll now get an error code.
Previously the software would tell you there was an error, but no details or error code was included. The error code will make troubleshooting easier when an error occurs.
In STEP files the annotations are now in scale to the model
Previously they were way too small.
PDFs exported from STEP files will also display the annotations in scale.
- We've fixed several bugs in opening InspectionXpert 1.0 projects in InspectionXpert 2.0. Now the nominal and full specification values will appear in 2.0 just like any other project.
- In MeasurementXpert status colors set in the 'Options' dialog were not displaying on 2D CAD drawings. This has been fixed and the default highlight color will now change when the settings are updated in 'Options'.
- You can now set VDA balloons to have a transparent fill. It will only make the circular portion of the balloon to be transparent and the tail of the balloon will stay as the set border color.
Every .PRT file was opening as an assembly, now InspectionXpert can detect if it's a part or assembly file.
- There was a bug where some users were being prompted to install C++ redistributable, even if they were already installed. This has been fixed, and InspectionXpert will recognize and locate C++ redistributable.
- Some users were experiencing random "License Missing" errors. These have been resolved.
- You can now edit specifications in the left properties panel and they will save to the table. Previously there was a bug so you could only edit specifications in the table.
- If an InspectionXpert project was created in a language or locale that was different from the one that it was opened in, certain types and sub-types were changed to the 'user-defined' category. This bug has been fixed.
- Tabbing through the characteristic table on the left side was inconsistent. This has been fixed.